0

Choir Boy



Winona Ryder plays a nerd, well she didn't fool me I tell ya...



Ever see Lucas? Allow me, 1986 film, young geek triumphs over the jocks and everyone loves him by the time the credits roll. Corey Haim, Winona Ryder and Charlie Sheen, impressive 80's cast, runs about 100 minutes. I think of this film from time to time. Sad I know, jesus it really is sad. Do you remember the scene when the lead roles are all in band practice, no, its choir practice. Its a great scene, everyone hot for the person that doesn't want them. The camera pans from student to student as they eye the object of their affection. No two singers look at each other. Charlie Sheen plays the jock Cappie, he's checkin out some slut. Maggie, played by forgotten 80's star Kerry Green, is looking at Cappie. Lucas, Corey Haim's character, he's lusting after Maggie, and Winona Ryder, playing the ulgy duckling Rina, is checking out Lucas.

This is what the past week has been like for me, we are not in band class, shit, sorry, choir practice though. What is with the attraction to things we can't have? I don't understand it, but I do understand Lucas, damn fine film. First time I saw it, in 86, Winona Ryder was who I was looking at while they were all singing in that telling montage. Lucas was obviously not only a geek, but had incredibly poor taste in girls. Fucking Loser.