0

Beer and Cheez



Tried to get everyone in this blurry shot, but there were little groups on the couch and in the kitchen.


Had an unplanned party, apologies to all the ladies, I wasn't expecting guests, ran out of toilet paper. Quite a surreal AM, indeed.

Warhol! Warhol! Warhol! The #10 Granville was coated in stickers announcing the impressive show at the VAG. I always find it odd when artists who were once viewed as avante garde, or radical, wind up in the most unlikely places. I was telling a friend last night about this McDonalds in Winnipeg that had its walls decorated with an excellent suite of Van Gogh reproductions. I used to sit in there and imagine myself as an apparition, putting my hand on Vincent's shoulder in a corn field in the south of France. I would show him the future. Its a crime that he never knew how important his work would be to the cannon of painting, and justice that he died without the knowledge of said McDonalds, or Van Gogh napkins and Starry Night neck ties. Warhol on the other hand probably would have liked the bus emblazoned with his name.

On the subject of cheese, albeit more palatable than corporate culture sucking the life force from real culture, I found these incredibly sappy songs the other day, and find myself indulging in them more often than I should. Turns out hip hoppers have a sensitive side, not all of them are smackin the ho.

Allow me to introduce:

The Streets - Dry Your Eyes - mp3 - more info

SOSO - It Goes - mp3 - more info

Epic Local Only - Running Away from Saskatoon - mp3 - more info