0

Goodbye...





Today has come and gone. Strangely, I feel nothing. Perhaps this holiday should have been treated with more respect, celebration was kept to a minimum. Dinner was tuna sandwich and potato chips.

Spent most of the weekend sweating with a fat, dramatic, dickens novel in the most lovely shade of cerilian blue. Had a late night troubled visitor Saturday, brandishing a 6 pack of Kokanee. Watched Garfield, the movie that should never have been made. Lusted after Jennifer Love Hewitt's kindness, but knew all along, in real life she's a bitch. Spent an afternoon at the water park, some parents were drinking beer and smoking, I read, and watched, everyone seemed happy.

I cleaned out my closet today, and finally threw out my Vasanji shirt. I have been meaning to unload this garment for ages, I never wear it, its no longer a shirt, instead, it is material, sentimental material. I bought it over fourteen years ago, its made of velour, and has gold stripes. My friends and I used to spend Saturdays buying and stealing nice clothes to wear out to the bar, this one I actually paid for. I wonder if I really ever liked it? Anyway, I heard someone rummaging in the dumpster and snapped a photo of this garbage picker wearing my shirt. I had a moment, as he road off, with my memories.