0

UPdate




Swallows contents. Experiences a glorious reaction -instead of Death, Life!
-- Harpers, February, 1859.


Man, I am sooo glad I didn't kill myself a couple weeks ago. I feel so much better. I am paying for some of the things I did while I was recovering from the most viscous flu I have had in some time, but people should cut me some slack. Really, they have no idea just how close to the brink I came.

I have been really busy the past few days, and I have energy! So much better than having to have a two hour nap after walking to the store. There hasn't been much time for introspection. Which is a good thing. So let's just have a matter of fact rundown of the events that have transpired over the past few days. Shall we?

The band I am in had an eight hour recording session at a beautiful studio overlooking the mountains of the home town. I thought I was in that Rush video where they are in that studio set in the snow covered woods, I think it's Tom Sawyer. Geddy Lee's hair is super long.

I have an opportunity to go to New York this summer for a month, as a friend of a friend that lives close to Park Avenue wants to do a suite swap. But I have been thinking about going to LA for a couple days to see Unice. She's been calling me from her Aunts surprisingly enough, and said I should come visit. We'll see, I've always wanted to go to Hollywood. Although I had dinner last week with a bunch of friends, and a film producer from Hollywood wound up at our table, he had nothing nice to say about the place.

Apparently a photo of me will be appearing in a local entertainment weekly here. Doing what I do best, drinking. See if you can find it gentle reader! It's not quite the same as my pal Greg getting his picture on Gawker, but hey, it's a start. To what? I have no idea.

On a sad note, and speaking of Greg. He decided to call it quits, and throw in the towel on his Greg the Boyfriend blog after all his readers made fun of his date at The Arcade Fire Show in Manhattan. No worries there's always, Craig the Boyfriend, or Greg the Gay Friend, or even Meg the Girlfriend, to ween us off the good stuff.

I have to deliver the painting that I sold later on in the week, and will make my way down to the supply store this weekend to buy all new canvases to start the project that I have been trying to get going for ages now. I have all the support drawings. Images traced from the TV. My new artist statement is:

Highly emotional responses to consumerism and pop culture.

Do I sound up? I am, I just hope there's a mattress behind me when I fall down again. Now I am off to the rock n' roll show.

Until then...