0

I Don't Want To Hear...A Love Song





Sorry I left you all for such a long time, but I've been dancing all week.

As I type this, it is late, and I am leaning over my laptop placed upon the concrete island in my kitchen. I love the open space concept. My stove is beside me, and Cut Copy is blasting on the sub-woofer tucked underneath the couch. Earlier in the evening, Palombo had mentioned Cut Copy over dinner, when the topic of New Order and its lovely spring sound sprouted up over the table. It's true what they say about the gay fellas, Palombo's skin is perfect, and his fashion impeccable. It must be frustrating for women, hetero men are all so sloppy. I am an exception to this of course. Palombo has friends, lots of friends, beautiful female friends! Palombo thinks I am a riot, and has promised me I will meet them all.

Such a difference from a year ago at this time. When I used to drink myself into oblivion at the quiet bar, and then venture out by myself. Full of liquid courage, I would stand in crowded rooms alone and stumble around with a drink in my hand. I fancied myself a flaneur, but really I was just a fucking loser. It is because of that period in my life though, that I know everyone's name, what they do, who they wake up beside in the morning, all the good stuff.

But tonight was different. Tonight I had two lovely ladies to accompany me into the gallery, one on each arm!

My entrance was grand!

No wait, we had a smoke outside first. So we could have a moment to rip apart various hair styles and bad fashion choices. How shallow and vapid, how entertaining! And rip we did. Myself, Nymphalidae, and Frannie. My knowledge of the incestuous art crowd in the small/big down came in handy at this point as I shared anecdotes about the folks going in. You should also know that I had my best shoes on.

That bitch Zelma was inside, who stood with me 3.25 years ago, in front of 1.5 years of painting, giving me a lecture about how I need to loosen up. And maybe take a shit. Well here I am, in my $250.00 shoes, and two ladies in tow. Do I have something to show you now? No, no I do not.

I can't tell you about the artwork there because I didn't look at it. I was more interested in the cheap drinks and high heels. I am sure it was all very good, and I hope I never ever have an opening. Because they are evil places with evil people who judge your hair, and talk behind your back about your excessive cocaine use.

I love it.

Anyway another great song just came on, and I have a few moments before sleep.

Time to dance.