0

On Leaving




You could never be, never be, unloveable
- The Weather

And now what I want to know is, what do I do now?
- Julie Doiron

(something in a language I don't understand)
- Nagisa Ni Te


So I got wasted last night and wound up in Nymphalidaes bed. We just shouldn't be around each other when there is whiskey involved. I walked out onto the street from her building into the blinding sun with my undershirt on, feeling like I might vomit, and who should ride by on her blue hawaiian cruiser? Julia, oh my god Julia! She was wearing a little white cotton stringy tie up thingy, that exposed her full sleeve of tattoos on her right arm. Her long brunette hair half way down her back, and those lovely legs pushing the pedals as she rode towards me. It was THEE image of the summer. I made up some story about passing out at a friends place last night, thank goodness my sunglasses were on, or she would have been able to see that my eyes were swimming in bar scotch.

In twelve hours the lovely Julia will be picking me up and taking me to see the even lovelier Unice. Along with two other girls I have yet to meet, we will partake in the summer of 05. A two day stop in Quincy, and four days in the indie haven known as Portland. So I won't be able to entertain you for the next little while, but I am sure that I will have plenty of stories to tell you upon my arrival. My train will arrive back in the hometown precisely one hour before I take the stage with the band I play in. And it's looking good that Mr. High Fidelity himself will be there. So if you know me, come and see me then, and I will introduce you. If I am still alive of course.

But fear not gentle reader! I leave you with the suggestion in my absence to read the dear xtinaknox blog. We have a very volatile off and on again friendship, although she will deny it up and down that she even knows me. She is without doubt, the hometowns hottest blogger. Just don't get too wrapped up in her 1500 word daily entries as I do on a daily basis.

Come back, won't you?