0

I'm Lovin It (2003)



McDonald's is Your Kind of Place (1967)
You Deserve a Break Today (1971)
We Do it All for You (1975)
Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun (1975)
You, You're The One (1976)
Nobody Can Do It Like McDonald's Can (1979)
Renewed: You Deserve a Break Today (1980 & 1981)
Nobody Makes Your Day Like McDonald's Can (1981)
McDonald's and You (1983)
It's a Good Time for the Great Taste of McDonald's (1984)
Good Time, Great Taste, That's Why This is My Place (1988)
Food, Folks and Fun (1990)
McDonald's Today (1991)
What You Want is What You Get (1992)
Have you Had your Break Today? (1995)
My McDonald's (1997)
Did Somebody Say McDonald's (1997)
We Love to See You Smile (2000)
There's a little McDonald's in Everyone (2001)
-- A history of McDonald's theme phrases.


Friday night, after crawling through the dirty part of town, and stopping along the way at all the art galleries for three dollar cans of beer, Julia and I wound up at Mcdonald's at about 3am. The line was long; full of drunks, stinky people, dirty people, and of course, lovers. Contemplating a decision to go with a Big Mac, or to branch out and try something different, like Chicken Tenders, Julia got too close to me, and I just couldn't help myself. All night I had been careening towards her, and now, with her brunette hair calling out to me over a symphony of french fry racks being dropped into baths of hot grease, beeps instructing the disenchanted workers that it was time to flip the patties, and shouts for extra pickles, I took my chance and buried my face into her waiting neck. Three or four people deep, in a lineup to get to a counter with coke spilled all over it, we were enveloped in a full on make-out. I bit her ear, kissed her neck, and ran my lips along the ridge made by the line of her jaw, and finally arrived at her open mouth. I took hold of her Citizens of Humanity jeans and pulled her hips closer towards mine. I couldn't believe what was happening, sometimes I really love McDonald's. All the tension of traveling together to Quincy, but not being able to touch each other, because of my involvement with her friend Unice, unloaded in a lineup of impatient and hungry people. We were finally interrupted by the call for the "next guest," and I decided to stick to the Big Mac after all. Julia ordered the Chicken Tenders.

We threw the drinks from our value meals into the trash, and I got out the last can of beer from my knapsack. There was a two seater bicycle rickshaw just outside the McDonald's, and I hired the driver to pedal us up and down the main drag of the hometown so we could eat and drink. All the night clubs had just let out, and Julia and I were pedaled through the late night pandemonium at a snails pace with a beer in one hand, and some fries in the other. After running the length of the entire street we stopped so Julia could get a cab, and I instructed my driver to take me the rest of the way home, which incidentally, was all downhill.