0

Low on Low



Serge Gainsbourg


Lowest of the... says: (8:07:10 PM)
so are we still on for tomorrow?

Vernice says: (8:07:30 PM)
of course- i'll call you later from the show.

Vernice says: (8:07:38 PM)
and try and keep your pants on tonight ok?


Lowest of the... says: (8:07:42 PM)
yes Ma'am

Vernice says: (8:07:58 PM)
ok, bye

Lowest of the... says: (8:08:02 PM)
bye...


I've been lying in bed all day with no clothes on, eating nectarines, and smoking. I have to eventually get up, there is a party that requires my attendance, and it's a uniformed affair, but I am tempted to just show up in my flip flops and underwear.

Last night I walked home from the beach at 2am with no shirt on. I had been with Frannie. We had dinner, drank a bottle of wine on the beach, and then, as we were walking back to her place, she hopped the fence of the city pool, took off all her clothes and dove in. Her nude body was suspended in the midnight air for what seemed like an eternity, and in that mutation of time everything seemed to align itself into a powerful vision of sand, surf, stars, and white skin. Then it was my turn; I stripped down and quickly followed with a lame half step into the water. I've never been able to dive, and certainly wasn't about to try it without any clothes on. We floated on our backs and looked up at the stars, until I realized there was a security guard approaching us from the other end of the pool deck. We scrambled out of the water, hopped the fence with our clothes, and got dressed in the bushes beside the change house. Frannie took pictures of me as I started my half nude journey home.

I was looking for photos of my dad this morning, and I realized that I don't have pictures of anyone in my family, I gave them all away. My only connection with the past are haunted memories. I've re-birthed myself in a pool of gin and whiskey, cigarettes, late nights, pounding rhythms, monumental bike rides, strolls across bridges, visions of the city, early morning bus rides, and several lovers . Clothes, or no clothes, I am unrecognizable to myself, but I like what I see.

I suppose I should get dressed.