0

In the Pines







Shary Boyle


How I wound up in a small wood ten minutes outside of Seattle on a Vice magazine photo shoot is barely explainable, trust me, stranger things have never happened. I guess it's the freelance web work that I've been doing lately, and it's bringing me in contact with some pretty amazing artists. I am working for next to nothing, and word is getting around. So when I met Jacque last week about doing a site for him, we hit it off, and next thing you know we're on our way to Seattle on a moments notice so I can hold light reflectors above women dressed in chainmail g-strings amongst the greenery of the pacific northwest.

Tonight I just got home from drinks with, in my opinion, one of the best songwriters in canada. I am doing a website for his girlfriend in exchange for a painting. My name will get around, demand will follow, and the prices will go up. I will make a fortune, have my body frozen and stored at a warehouse in Fresno California. There I will rest amongst the manufactured landscapes of an industrial neighborhood, and wait for a future.