0

Let's Be Happy!



You shared a cab with Karen O
Oh oh, Oh oh oh
You're talking hyper bollocks
You're talking saleries
Oh yeh, you work in Insurance?
30k? OTE
You met Electrelane


There are wires running up and down the sidewalk. Thick coils wrapped together carry lies to screens in select cities. Parked outside are generators pumping electricity to powerful lights that make night seem like day. Groups of people stand around dressed in orange vests. They hold silent walkie-talkies.

And They've been shooting a movie in apartment #103 the past few days, but all the action is in suite #407.

Before Halloween, I was out of town on a carpet placed upon a stage, on an island amongst a crowd of art kids. There were costumes, but no one was dressed up. Unice walked in and came right up to the front of the crowd so I could see her while I was singing. The wild one had just walked into the room in a city neither of us had lived in. My eyes shifted towards hers as I sang my silly song, and in the morning my head rang with the reverberations of bank transactions and arrivals home.

I had an argument in the hallway last week. The neighbors came out to see what was going on. They found my date and I in a state of intoxication, arguing over how we could get her Fly London boot pulled up over her swollen ankle. When we finally made it to the cab driver downstairs who had our keys that we left at the restaurant earlier, he was supposed to charge us twelve dollars for their return. We got him to drive us to twelfth, where we asked him what he would accept as fair payment. He told us whatever was in our hearts. I had 15$ in my heart.

There's so much more to tell, but I have little interest in sharing it. I have enthusiasm all over the place, and crushes in every corner of the town. If you're bored, I can't help you.

Robert Mitchum and Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon, Crispin Glover and Vincent Price, Spielberg and Wilder. There are movies.

Turn to the Cinema.