0

Epic Penny



1970

Track 2 - xbxrx

Oh Sombra! - Electrelane


The days fill up with things to do, and I don't like it. I was content when there was nothing, but happiness just won't leave me alone. I just got back from the mirror and I can see the bruise above my collar bone, where Allyn sucked the blood clean to the surface of my skin with her swollen lips, and I seem resigned to letting it fade away. I remember when Nymphalidae used to cover my chest in hickies and then send me off into the blinding heat of the summer, through the dried fish smell of Chinatown, loaded on cheap whiskey, confident that I wanted to die. Now I am not so sure. I fell into my uncovered pillows tonight a year older than I was when I woke up this morning and said this to myself...

It's 48 minutes past the hour. The day is young my dear friend, but your
life is surely half over and the farthest east you've been is Thunder Bay.