0

I AM ALIVE



On Kawara


The year is as fresh as the dust beneath my bed, and as I lie here in the earliest days of 2006, I contemplate the year that has passed, and the future that beckons me from the warmth of the iBook that rests upon my stomach. For the past 2 years I have been living the life of a dandy. Skipping about town in pants with tapered ankles, sometimes a hat, always a rosy cheek, and baudelaire behind my perse lips as I sought experience amongst the crowds and the city that holds them. I had watched so many movies, had read so many books that left me with a feeling of envy despite the obvious manipulation of fact for entertainment value. I began to understand my life like a movie script, with a beginning, a middle, and an ending that left you wanting more. So I started writing down moments of the day or night, influenced by the matinee, the hit parade, and the classics at the library that I never took back. Often, in the beginning, it was a rather dull task, but as time progressed, so too did my experiences, until I found myself amazed at some of the situations that I was describing. True, names have always been transient amongst my prose, locations are swapped for others, and of course days of the week are interchanged, but there is no word of a lie here at Low's Stories Big and Tall. Everything you read here, has happened in some way or another.

It is a stretch that the public would want to read something as self centered as a fellow in the city describing his thoughts and feelings while in pursuit of what, he does not know. But despite its obvious narcissism, read it you did, and if you come here everyday, you are among an average of 70 people that take a moment out of their routine to read about Low and the characters that make up the story about a group of people trying to find their way through life in the city. I thank you for the time that you've spent here, and wish you a fucking awesome 2006.

Now, shall we carry on?